APS : Thursday, 16 November 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has “strongly” condemned the quadruple terrorist attack that targeted Wednesday quiet citizens in Muna Garage in Maiduguri (north-east of Nigeria), said Thursday the spokesman of Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We remain convinced that this terrorist fury, notably on civilian populations, will not undermine the determination of the government, army and security forces of this country to defeat the terrorism of Boko Haram which is a permanent threat to Nigeria and the region’s countries,” said Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
Benali Cherif underlined that Algeria, which has always called for “more coordination among the African countries in general and the region’s countries in particular to face this terrorist scourge, is convinced that the sustained and collective efforts of the continent’s countries will overcome terrorism and its branches in the region.”
“While paying tribute to the memory of the innocent victims, we extend our heartfelt condolences and solidarity to their families and Nigeria’s government,” he added.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya