APS : Friday, 13 January 2023
ALGIERS – The “New York Times” has listed the Tassili N’Ajjer massif in southern Algeria among the must-see tourist spots to visit in 2023.
The U.S. newspaper made a list of 52 tourist spots around the world that are worth visiting based on several criteria, including scenic beauty, local culture, cuisine and the adventure element that the selected sites offer.
“A stone’s throw from the countries of the western Mediterranean, Algeria, home to the Tassili N’Ajjer, has recently made it easier for tourists to obtain visas to visit the tourist sites in its deep south,” notes the New York Times, which sees this as a “godsend for discovering this country.
“Largest country in Africa, Algeria is home to the Tassili N’Ajjer, a national park that is eight times the size of Yellowstone in the United States of America,” the newspaper said.
Describing the site, the New York Times writes: “in the heart of the vast Saharan landscape of sand and stones, lie the dunes and reliefs of the Red Tadrart.
And to emphasize that the Tassili N’Ajjer, accessible only by 4X4 vehicle, “is home to thousands of paintings and rock engravings dating back to the time when the desert was a thriving savannah.
Foreign tourists wishing to visit southern Algeria through national tourism and travel agencies can obtain a regularization visa on arrival without having to undertake the steps of applying for a regular visa, had recently announced the Algerian authorities as part of efforts to promote Saharan tourism.
A new weekly service Paris (France) -Djanet (southern Algeria) has been opened in this context, a flight is scheduled every Saturday from the airport CDG.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy