07 April 2022
Minister of Tourism Hristo Prodanov met with H. E. Baya Bensmail, Ambassador of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria to Bulgaria.
“Tourists are the best ambassadors of the countries, when people travel they learn about cultures and make friends. In times of war we must do everything possible to improve cooperation, and tourism is the basis of good relations,” Minister Prodanov said. He added that in the last two years, connections have been difficult and visits have been severely limited. “Our joint task is to increase the number of tourists between our two countries. There is potential for an increase in visits,” the minister was categorical.
For his part, the ambassador thanked for the meeting and specified that the diplomatic mission to Bulgaria aims to revive the connections between the two countries in the field of tourism. Н. E. Baya Bensmail shared the opportunities for Bulgarian investments in places for accommodation in Algeria. According to her, visitors to the country are interested in various visits such as desert and health tourism. “During the short time I have been in Bulgaria, I have noticed the closeness of the two countries in terms of crafts. I like Bulgarian embroidery,” the ambassador concluded.
During the meeting, the possibility of exchanging visits with the Algerian counterpart of Minister Prodanov Yassin Hammadi was discussed.
- وزارة التكوين المهني تفتح مجال التكوين لفائدة أفراد الجالية الجزائرية المقيمة بالخارج
- Despite US veto, Algeria determined to make Palestine’s voice heard within Security Council
- Gaza ceasefire: Security Council fails to bring Algeria’s efforts to fruition
- Genocidal war on Gaza: Algeria bemoans UNSC’s failure to rise to calls, aspirations of peoples
- Minister Attaf receives Kazakh Deputy Foreign Minister