Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ahmed Attaf, received on Monday at the Ministry’s headquarters his Togolese counterpart, Robert Dussey, who had arrived in Algeria to take part in the 20th Ministerial Meeting of African-Nordic Countries.
The talks between the two parties covered the means aimed at giving new impetus to relations between the two countries, by stepping up efforts to enrich the legal framework for bilateral cooperation and activate bilateral mechanisms, including the Algerian-Togolese Joint Cooperation Commission, which is due to be held in the first quarter of next year in Lomé.
On this occasion, the two parties discussed developments in the situation in the Sahel-Sahara region, in particular the crisis in Niger and Mali, and the efforts made to encourage dialogue, giving priority to peaceful solutions guaranteeing security and stability in these two sister countries and in the region as a whole.
We agreed, during these discussions, to hold a meeting next year in Togo to review all the pending and signed agreements, in order to set up a new working framework, particularly on economic issues, but also to strengthen the essential political dialogue between the two countries.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya