APS : Saturday, 09 February 2019
HAVANA (Cuba)-Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi and Cuba’s First Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, Marcelino Medina welcomed on Friday evening the “strong and fraternal” relationship between Algeria and Cuba.
“Algeria’s participation at this event as a guest honor reflects the solid bilateral relations”, said Mihoubi during his meeting with Medina at the headquarters of the Cuban Foreign Ministry, on the sidelines of Havana International Book Fair.
Mihoubi said that the “cultural relations are stronger and long lasting, mainly when two countries share values and revolutionary principles built upon freedom and independence.”
The “participation of the Cuban President Miguel Diaz Canel at the opening fair ceremony suggests stronger relations in the future,” he added.
For his part, Cuba’s First vice-minister of foreign affairs said that the “bilateral relations are solid, fraternal and friendly,” and are firmly rooted in history through solidarity and common actions undertaken by both countries, in most difficult times.
While welcoming the regular consultations between the two countries’ foreign ministers,
Medina “expressed his willingness to tirelessly work to enhance these bilateral relations in the future.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune