APS : Thursday, 05 May 2016
TUNIS (Tunisia)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Thursday, in Tunis, that the transfer to Tripoli of the presidential council of Libyan national unity government “is the crowning achievement of Algeria’s efforts for a peaceful political solution.”
Messahel reiterated “Algeria’s readiness to work with Libyan institutions to meet all challenges.
The beginnings for Libyan crisis settlement following the transfer to Tripoli of the presidential council of Libyan national unity government is “the crowning of the efforts made by Algeria for a peaceful political solution restoring security and stability in Libya and the neighbouring countries,” the Algerian official said in an opening address at the 34th session of Arab Maghreb Union’s Foreign Ministers Council meeting.
The transfer to Tripoli of the presidential council of Libyan national unity government is a “big step towards the restoration of stability.”
The minister underlined “Algeria’s commitment to supporting this sister country and its readiness to work together with Libyan institutions to meet the political, security and economic challenges and relaunch cooperation mechanisms between the two countries.”
Messahel invited the international partners to back this government to allow it to assume its responsibilities and fulfil its missions to complete the building of State institutions, achieve national reconciliation and fight against terrorism and the organised crime in order to preserve Libya’s sovereignty and unity and its people’s cohesion.
He also stressed Algeria’s constant support to the efforts of UN Secretary General’s envoy to Libya, Martin Kobler, to push forward the political settlement process.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie