APS : Friday, 16 September 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will to take part in the works of the plenary ministerial meeting of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF), of which Algeria is a founding member, on the sidelines of the 71th session of the United Nations General Assembly, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Friday in a statement.
During the meeting, Messahel will present the findings of two workshops organized by Algeria, the source said.
The first international workshop held in Algiers, on 27-28 April 2016, focused on the role of the Internet and social media in the prevention and the fight against radicalization and cyber-terrorism.
The second workshop, held on 7-8 September 2016, dealt with “the role of democracy in preventing and fighting violent extremism and terrorism.”
The minister will also take part, in New York, in the ministerial conference on Libya.
Two international meetings on Libya were held respectively on 13 December 2015 in Rome, Italy, and on 16 May 2016 in Vienne, Austria.
Messahel will participate in the ministerial meetings of the Arab League and African Union, during which political, economic and institutional issues will be tackled.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region