APS : Tuesday, 22 November 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will represent Algeria in the 4th Africa-Arab Summit, to be held on Wednesday and Thursday in Malabo (Equatorial Guinea), said Tuesday a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
Placed under the theme “Together for sustainable development and economic cooperation,” this summit will focus on the “assessment of the progress achieved in the implementation of the action plan adopted in the 3rd summit, held in Kuwait in 2013.”
The discussions will also focus on “ways likely to deepen this cooperation framework at a time when Africa and the Arab world are working to collectively take up the common challenges they are facing.”
The holding of this fourth edition “shows the willingness of the African and Arab States to give a new boost to this cooperation framework whose founding principle was retained at Arab League Summit, held in Algiers in November 1973,” said the source.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart