APS : Wednesday, 31 January 2018
ALGIERS – Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will partake, Thursday in Cairo, in an Arab League extraordinary ministerial session on Al Quds, said the Ministry in a statement.
The session, the second of its kind on the issue, will focus mainly on the recent developments following the recognition by US administration of Al Quds as capital of Israel, said the statement.
During their first meeting, held on 9 December 2017 with the participation of Messahel, Arab Foreign ministers adopted a strong position regarding US decision.
This recognition was dubbed by Algeria as “a blatant violation of the related UN Security Council’s resolutions and international law, and would undermine the peace process,” recalled the Ministry’s statement.
The US decision was also rejected by the international community through the resolution adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 21 December 2017, added the statement.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune