Messahel to lead Algerian delegation to 72nd session of UN General Assembly
APS : MONDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will lead the Algerian delegation to the works of the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly, due to be held as from 19 September 2017, said Monday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
The session, to be held under the theme “Focusing on people: striving for peace and a decent life for all on a sustainable planet,” will be also marked by a series of high-level meetings bringing together 193 UN member states, said the statement.
The Algerian delegation will participate in two major events: the signing ceremony of the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, and the High-Level meeting of the General Assembly on the appraisal of the United Nations Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons, added the statement.
The Foreign minister will also participate in the ministerial meeting of Global Counterterrorism Forum as well as in ministerial meetings on Mali and Libya, in addition to other meetings of the African Union Peace and Security Council, Non-Aligned Countries, the Group of 77 and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, said the statement.
On the sidelines of these meetings, Messahel will hold bilateral discussions with some of his counterparts on bilateral, regional and international issues of common interest, concluded the Ministry’s statement.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée