Friday, 26 August 2016 17:08
NAIROBI (Kenya)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel took part on Friday, in Kenya, in the works of the ministerial meeting preparatory to the 6th International Tokyo Conference on African Development Summit (TICAD VI).
Placed under the theme “Advancing the agenda of Africa’s Sustainable Development: TICAD, partnership for Africa’s prosperity,” the conference was marked by the participation of Japan, represented by its Minister of Foreign Affairs as well as the Commission of the African Union, United Nations institutions and the World Bank.
Algeria is represented in this conference by Messahel who will represent President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika in the works of the Conference of Heads of State and Government of TICAD VI.
During their meeting, the ministers reviewed the progress of the commitments of the TICAD V, held in 2013 in Yokohama (Japan).
They also reviewed the positive developments in Africa as well as the major emerging challenges in the continent and the solutions to be taken.
At the end of the discussions, the ministers examined and adopted the draft Declaration of Nairobi which will be submitted Saturday to the Summit of Heads of State and Government.
On the sidelines of this Conference, Messahel held talks with several of his counterparts, including those from Zimbabwe, Angola, Djibouti, Mali, Somalia, Mozambique and the special envoy of Tunisia.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune