APS : Tuesday, 29 January 2019
WASHINGTON (United States)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel underlined Monday, in Washington, Algeria’s role and contribution to peace and stability at both regional and international levels.
Algeria’s foreign policy chief is based on the triad of non-interference in the internal affairs of States, an equal distance between all parties and a settlement process ensuring the independence of the concerned parties in decision making, Messsahel said in his talk at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, in Washington.
Such an approach, added the Foreign minister, has allowed Algeria to contribute to regional and international stability,
According to Messahel, the persistent conflicts and crises are mainly due to the violation and non-respect of those principles, especially non-interference in the internal affairs of States, non-use of force and the promotion of political and peaceful solutions.
He reiterated Algeria’s support of UN efforts for the settlement of the Libyan crisis, rejecting foreign interference.
Messahel stressed the need for the Libyan people to find a solution to their crisis as part of the inter-Libyan dialogue.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار