APS : Monday, 02 May 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Monday that Algeria plays a role of paramount importance in Africa’s security, noting that Algeria hosts the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT).
“We have put a great deal of effort into the African counterterrorism strategy,” Messahel told National Radio Channel 3.
“There will be no development in the continent without security.”
On that occasion, Messahel said the African plan on the fight against terrorism is born in Algeria.
The Algerians are the architects of the counterterrorism strategy, he disclosed.
Mentioning the security situation in the sub-region, Messahel said “organized crime, according to a UN report, brings in nearly USD800 million for dealers,” calling for a “continental mobilization.”
“We remain mobilized in this respect, and we have submitted to the relevant institutions an important file on the issue,” Messahel said.
“Algiers will host shortly a conference on terrorism financing.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار