APS : Sunday, 24 April 2016
DAMASCUS (Syria)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel arrived Sunday in Damascus for a working visit, at the head of a ministerial delegation.
During the visit, Messahel will co-chair with Syrian Minister of Economy and Foreign Trade Hammam al-Jazairi the 2nd session of the Algerian-Syrian Cooperation Monitoring Committee, which will be devoted to the examination of the different aspects of bilateral cooperation and means to boost it, in addition to the situation in the region as well as regional and international issues of common interest
The situation in Syria and the ongoing UN-sponsored talks in Geneva to find a solution to the crisis shaking this country will be at the centre of discussions between Messahel and top Syrian officials.
Messahel’s visit to Damascus is part of Algeria’s support and solidarity with Syria, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary of Independence, at a time when the country is facing terrorism, which is threatening its security and stability.
Since the beginning of the crisis in Syria in 2011, Algeria has supported dialogue between all Syrians to find a solution to the crisis, and has always said that the solution is in the hands of Syrian away from any foreign interference.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart