APS : Monday, 16 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel received Monday, in Algiers, the Nigerian minister of Foreign Affairs Amina Jane Mohammad, special envoy of the President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari.
Jane Mohammad is bearer of a message from the president of Nigeria to the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
“We discussed the strengthening of bilateral relations and partnership between the two countries and our coordination at the African level, particularly concerning the upcoming elections at the Peace and Security Council as well as issues of common interest,” said Messahel in a statement to the press.
The discussions also focused on “the strengthening of the African unity in order to take up the challenges of peace, security and development in Africa,” added Messahel.
For her part, the Nigerian minister said that she discussed several issues with Messahel, particularly “the strengthening of bilateral relations and partnership between the two countries.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار