ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Monday received Italia’s Minister of Interior Marco Minniti, who is on a working visit to Algeria.
In a statement following the meeting, Minniti stressed he discussed with Messahel bilateral relations, the common fight against terrorism and terrorist organizations, as well as the stability in Libya.
Minniti said that relations between both countries “are already excellent,” and expressed his willingness to further bilateral ties in terms of strategic issues.
“Algeria and Italia are particularly interested in the Mediterranean, notably the central Mediterranean,” he stressed.
As regards counterterrorism cooperation between the two countries, Minniti called ,them “excellent,” stressing that the Algerian experience in this field is “precious.”
“It is a multidimensional approach that takes into account various aspects, not only that of the fight but also prevention through a strategy” that particularly aims to weaken religious radicalism, he said.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار