APS : Monday, 08 October 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel received Monday, in Algiers, a delegation from the Canada-Africa Association, led by Rob Oliphant and Raynell Andreychuk.
Canada has “very important” relations with Algeria, Oliphant told the press following the meeting, affirming that the two countries have good prospects to progress in the strengthening of their bilateral cooperation by developing and diversifying their partnership.
The Canadian senator underlined “Algeria’s role in the regional security and stability and its leadership in terms of democracy,” adding that the two countries also share the same views on issues related to the independence and self-determination.
For her part, Andreychuk welcomed the talks held between the two sides.
In this regard, she emphasized the importance for her country to strengthen its relations with Algeria through continuous dialogue on different issues of common interest and increasing exchanges notably at the governmental and parliamentary levels.
The senator said that there are various areas likely to contribute to the strengthening of these relations, particularly economy.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation