APS : Friday, 01 April 2016
NOUAKCHOTT-Minister for Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel meet Friday in Nouakchott with Mauritanian President Mohamed Ould Abdelaziz,
to whom he handed over a message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
“I was honoured to meet President Mohamed Ould Abdelaziz to whom I handed over a message from his brother Abdelaziz Bouteflika, a friendship and brotherhood message between two brotherly countries that expresses a willingness to strengthen the historical bilateral relations between the two brotherly Algerian and Mauritanian peoples,” Messahel stressed in a statement to APS after the hearing.
“We agreed to hold, in the second semester of this year, the 18th High Cooperation Committee between Algeria and Mauritania,” Messahel stated, adding that “preparations for this meeting will enable us assess bilateral relations and set outlines of future cooperation.”
“We exchanged views and discussed the situation prevailing in the region, mainly in the Maghreb region, in the light of the recent developments of the Western Sahara issue,” the minister affirmed.
“We also discussed coordination in counterterrorism, organized crimes and preparations for the Arab summit to be held in July in Nouakchott, and peace and security in the two countries and the region,” the minister stressed.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée