APS : Thursday, 21 July 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel is participating in the Foreign Ministers’ preparatory meeting for the 27thArab League Summit, to be held in Nouakchott, Mauritania, on Monday, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué on Thursday.
The meeting will focus on issues put on the Summit’s agenda, especially the recent developments of the Palestinian cause and the situation in some Arab countries, namely Libya, Syria and Yemen, said the communiqué.
Other issues will be also discussed during the meeting, particularly the fight against terrorism and the development of Arab League’s functioning in order to allow it to effectively meet Arab people’s’ aspirations in a context marked by many challenges, which requires that Arab countries join efforts to face them, concluded the Ministry’s communiqué.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region