APS : Friday, 26 January 2018
ADDIS ABABA- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel participated, Friday evening in Addis Ababa, in the ministerial meeting of the African Union Ad Hoc Committee on South Sudan.
The meeting, which brought together Foreign ministers of South Africa, Nigeria, Rwanda and Ethiopia, was held on the sidelines of 32nd session of African Union Executive Council.
During the meeting, which is taking place in a context marked by the renewed instability in South Sudan, the AU High Representative for South Sudan, former president of Mali Alpha Omar Konare gave the presentation on the political, security, socio-economic and humanitarian situation in this country.
The parties to the conflict to South Sudan signed, on 21 December in Addis Ababa, a ceasefire agreement.
According to the ceasefire monitoring mechanism and the transitional arrangements set up under the mediation of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development, the ceasefire agreement has been repeatedly violated.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum