Messahel partakes in Constantine in first FemWise-Africa General Assembly
APS : Tuesday, 12 December 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel will partake, Wednesday and Thursday, in Constantine, in the works of the first General Assembly of the Panafrican Women’s Network for Conflict Prevention and Mediation
(FemWise-Africa), said the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
The goal of this meeting held under the theme “Women mediators and promotion of cross-border cooperation,” is to “identify mediations led by women, discuss strategic issues and finally, examine and adopt the network’s annual working plan,” said the source.
Co-organized by Algeria and the African Union, the Constantine meeting “will include the participation of women leaders experienced in the resolution of conflicts alongside representatives of the African Union, Regional Economic Communities, the United Nations, and community leaders, as well as young representatives from the private sector and academic sectors.”
This meeting “takes place as part of the implementation of the recommendations made at the first Constantine meeting, held in December 2016 and endorsed by the Heads of Government of the African Union in July 2017, and which notably call to institutionalize women’s role in peace negotiations,” said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée