APS : Thursday, 01 February 2018
CAIRO – Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel participated, Thursday in Cairo, in the works of the Arab League extraordinary ministerial session on the political impact of United States’
decision on Al Quds and measures to counter this decision and all actions in violation of the international law.
In his address, Messahel recalled the “rapid and firm” position of the Arab League ministerial Council, backed by the surge of solidarity against this decision, which was rejected by the international community through the resolution adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 21 December 2017.
The UN resolutions affirmed that “any decisions or actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Al Quds Al-Sharif have no legal effect, are null and void” and called on all States “to refrain from the establishment of diplomatic missions in the Holy City of Jerusalem, pursuant to the Security Council resolution 478 adopted in 1980.”
The minister reiterated Algeria’s constant position regarding the Palestinian cause and its unwavering support to the inalienable rights of Palestinian people, their heroic struggle and their legitimate right to establish an independent state within 1967 borders, with Al Quds as its capital, in accordance with international law and related resolutions.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea