APS : Sunday, 16 October 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will pay a working visit to Niger as from Monday, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement on Sunday.
Messahel is carrying a message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to his Nigerien counterpart Mahamadou Issoufou.
During his visit, the minister will participate in the 9th session of Libya’s Neighbouring Countries in Niamey on Wednesday, said the statement.
Messahel will also hold discussions with Niger’s senior officials on cooperation as well as on issues of common interest, added the statement.
The 9th session of Libya’s Neighbouring Countries will bring together Foreign ministers of Niger, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Chad and Sudan, in addition to the United Nations Secretary General’s Special Representative for Libya and head of the UN Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), Martin Kobler, Tanzania’s former president and African Union Special Envoy for Libya Jakawa Kikwete and the Arab League’s Secretary General Ahmed Abu El Gheit.
It will be an opportunity for the participants to examine the situation following the recent developments in Libya and the national, regional and international efforts for the resolution of the crisis in Libya through a political process.
The participants will also assess the repercussions of the crisis on the security and stability of neighbouring countries, concluded the Ministry’s statement.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea