APS : Tuesday, 21 February 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel had a phone conversation with Dr Christoph Heusgen, German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s advisor for Foreign Policy,
Security and Development on Tuesday, focused on the security situation in the Sahel region and the fight against terrorism.
In the phone conversation, the two officials “exchanged views on the security situation in the region of the Sahel, and mainly the crises in Mali and Libya,” the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
The two officials broached “Algeria’s efforts for a political settlement to the two conflicts, migration, the fight against terrorism and violent extremism.”
The conversation was mainly centred on “the will of the two countries to give a fresh impetus to the bilateral mechanism of strategic dialogue on political and security issues, including the next session to be held in Algiers soon.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار