APS : Thursday, 07 July 2016
ROME (Italy)- The minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held discussions Thursday, in Rome (Italy), with the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Speaking before the third session of the strategic dialogue on political and security issues scheduled on Friday in Rome, this meeting allowed the two ministers to review the state of bilateral relations and the prospects of their broadening and their strengthening.
This meeting was an opportunity to consult and coordinate both countries’ positions on regional issues and the fight against terrorism.
On the subject of bilateral relations, they hailed the progress made as part of the strategic partnership on which both countries are committed, raising the important deadlines on the bilateral agenda on the political and economic levels.
On the regional issues, notably the situation in Libya, the two ministers examined the latest development in this country.
The migratory issue as a phenomenon facing the whole region was the subject of an exchange of views.
In this regard, the two ministers said that this issue must be apprehended in a global and concerted way, taking into account interests of all the countries in the region.
Messahel reported on the progress on the preparations of the upcoming international conference on the role of democracy in the prevention of the radicalization and the fight against terrorism that Algeria will organize on 7 and 8 September 2016 as part of international efforts in the fight against terrorism.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy