APS : THURSDAY 26 APRIL 2018
PARIS (France)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel met Thursday US Coordinator for Counterterrorism at the Department of State Nathan Sales,
on the sidelines of the Paris conference on combating the financing of terrorism.
Discussions between the two officials focused on bilateral cooperation in the fight against terrorism and deradicalization.
The two sides expressed satisfaction with quality of cooperation between the two countries, expressing a “will to further boosting it,” and the bilateral exchanges, as part of the Algerian-US strategic dialogue on security and counterterrorism.
The situation in the region, and mainly the crises in Mali and Libya, was also on the agenda.
Messahel reiterated Algeria’s position for the “promotion of political settlement of crises, in respect with the territorial integrity of States and the will of peoples.”
Sales underlined the convergence of views between the two countries, adding that for the United States, Algeria is a key partner in the fight against terrorism at the international level, considering its rich experience in the field.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune