APS : Friday, 27 May 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League, Abdelkader Messahel, will lead the Algerian delegation to the extraordinary session of the Arab League Ministerial Council taking place Saturday, in Cairo,
said the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
The session, which will be attended by the president of the Palestinian authority, Mahmoud Abbas, will examine the developments of the situation in Palestine and Libya, in the context of the process engaged under the auspices of the United Nations, in favour of a lasting political settlement following the transfer in Tripoli, of the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord, said the source.
According to the source, the meeting will focus on the preparations of the Arab Summit, scheduled for July, in Nouakchott (Mauritania).
On the sidelines of this session, Messahel will hold discussions as part of the consultations on issues of common interest, added the statement.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum