APS : TUESDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel will participate in the Ministerial Conference on Trade, Security and Governance in Africa, taking place in Washington on 17 November 2017,
at the invitation of the U.S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Tuesday, the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
This meeting “will bring together the foreign ministers of about forty countries, African and American business leaders as well as the officials of the main American institutions in charge of the discussed topics,” said the source, adding that this important meeting will be an opportunity for Messahel to “present the Algerian experience in counterterrorism, de-radicalization and national reconciliation policies.”
Beforehand, Messahel will partake on 15 November, in Cairo, in the Algeria-Tunisia-Egypt tripartite ministerial meeting on Libya.
This meeting, which follows the Algiers tripartite meeting that took place in June, will allow the three ministers to “review the latest developments in this country and examine together the factors that can be brought in order to favour the rapid settlement of the crisis as part of the Libyan Political Agreement of 17 December 2015,” noted the Foreign Ministry’s statement.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune