APS : Tuesday, 17 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will lead the Algerian delegation to the 2nd session of Algeria-France Strategic Dialogue on political and security issues, which will be held in Paris on Wednesday, said Tuesday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
During the session, the two sides “will exchange views on the experience of the two countries in the fight against violent extremism and terrorism,” said the statement.
“The two delegations will also discuss regional and international security issues of common interest, particularly those related to the developments of the situation in Libya, Mali, Syria and Sahel,” added the Ministry’s statement.
The meeting is part of high-level bilateral consultations between Algeria and France.
The Algerian delegation is made up of representatives of the ministries of Foreign Affairs, National Defence, Interior and Local Authorities, Justice, Post and Information and Communication Technologies, and the Army staff, said the statement.
The French delegation will be led by the national intelligence coordinator, Yann Jounot.
During his visit to France, Messahel will be received by French Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Jean Marc Ayrault.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne