APS : Wednesday, 06 February 2019
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will lead, on Thursday and Friday in Addis Ababa, the Algerian delegation to the 34th Ordinary Session of the African Union (AU) Executive Council,
the ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.
The 34th Ordinary Session of the AU Executive Council, scheduled for 10 and 11 February, will enable the AU foreign ministers “to discuss the thematic reports on the crucial issues regarding the continental organization’s agenda,” said the source
The African foreign ministers will notably discuss “the institutional reform, the AU financing and the African Continental Free Trade Area (ACFTA), as well as the reports on the AU organs’ activities, the Executive Council’s subcommittees,” the source added.
The Executive Council will also consider “the concept note on 2019 theme, namely year of “Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons,” the same source added.
Furthermore, the Council will “renew the components of some AU organs and committees, namely the Peace and Security Council, the Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child, the Commission on International Law and the Union Advisory Board on Corruption,” concluded the source.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied