APS : Monday, 09 January 2017
ALGIERS- The latest developments of the situation in Libya were on the agenda of the talks held Monday, in Algiers,
between Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and a delegation of parliamentarians of Libya’s House of Representatives, said a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
During this meeting, the two sides broached “ways that allow speeding up the implementation of the process of the resolution of the crisis in Libya, through the inclusive inter-Libyan dialogue and national reconciliation for the preservation of peace and security in this neighbouring country,” said the source.
In this regard, Messahel underlined Algeria’s vision and its efforts based on the “non-interference, political solution and the rapprochement between the positions of the Libyan parties.”
The members of the Libyan delegation welcomed “the important efforts made by Algeria to facilitate the inter-Libyan dialogue and the consultations between the Libyan parties, as part of the implementation of the political agreement and support of the process initiated by the United Nations,” concluded the source.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum