APS : Monday, 09 January 2017
ALGIERS- The latest developments of the situation in Libya were on the agenda of the talks held Monday, in Algiers,
between Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and a delegation of parliamentarians of Libya’s House of Representatives, said a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
During this meeting, the two sides broached “ways that allow speeding up the implementation of the process of the resolution of the crisis in Libya, through the inclusive inter-Libyan dialogue and national reconciliation for the preservation of peace and security in this neighbouring country,” said the source.
In this regard, Messahel underlined Algeria’s vision and its efforts based on the “non-interference, political solution and the rapprochement between the positions of the Libyan parties.”
The members of the Libyan delegation welcomed “the important efforts made by Algeria to facilitate the inter-Libyan dialogue and the consultations between the Libyan parties, as part of the implementation of the political agreement and support of the process initiated by the United Nations,” concluded the source.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart