APS : Saturday, 19 May 2018
ISTANBUL-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel held talks Friday in Istanbul with his Libyan counterpart Mohamed Tahar Syala on the sidelines of a ministerial meeting preparatory to the Extraordinary
Summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Palestine.
The meeting focused on the latest developments of the political, security and economic situation in Libya.
The Libyan minister warmly thanked Algeria for the humanitarian aid sent on 15 May 2018 to the Libyan people and border localities few days before Ramadan.
He also expressed gratitude to Algeria for its continuous support to the efforts to settle the Libyan crisis.
For his part, Messahel reiterated Algeria’s commitment to backing the Libyan players in their efforts to find a political solution based on dialogue and reconciliation, and far from any foreign interference.
Both FMs agreed to pursue bilateral consultation at the regional, continental and international levels in order to increase the chances of reaching a settlement of the Libyan crisis.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation