APS : Wednesday, 04 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held talks,
Wednesday in Algiers, with Chairman of Libya’s High Council of State Abderrahman Swehli, who is on a visit to Algeria.
The discussions, part of “Algeria’s efforts for the implementation of the political process to resolve the crisis in Libya. They focused on the recent developments of the situation in this country,” said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
In this regard, Messahel underlined that Algeria has always defended the “political solution” that preserves Libya’s sovereignty without foreign interference and called on Libyans to engage in an inclusive dialogue and national reconciliation.
The minister added that “it is the only solution” to the crisis in Libya as it would preserve the unity, territorial integrity and national sovereignty of Libya and the social cohesion of its people, said the statement.
For his part, Abderrahman Swehli “praised Algeria’s role and its active contribution, under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, in assisting the Libyan parties on the path of dialogue and national reconciliation to restore peace, security and stability,” added the Ministry’s statement.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization