APS : Saturday, 28 July 2018
ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel held talks with the US Department of State Coordinator for Counterterrorism Nathan Sales on the sidelines of the ministerial Conference on religious freedoms,
announced Saturday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
After “exchanging views on bilateral cooperation” in counterterrorism and de-radicalisation, both officials “welcomed the quality of this cooperation and showed willingness to further enhance it, notably under the various mechanisms structuring bilateral political and security cooperation, the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and the United Nations system,” said the source.
Messahel and Sales also discussed “the crisis in Mali and Libya”. In this connection, the Algerian top diplomat reiterated Algeria’s position in favour of “a lasting political settlement of these crises,” and emphasized the country’s efforts and contribution to the resolution of these crisis.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied