APS : Thursday, 22 February 2018
ANKARA- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel has held discussions, Thursday in Ankara, with his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu, during his official visit to Turkey.
The Turkish minister expressed the “great appreciation” of his Government for the visit, taking place in a context marked by a shared political willingness to strengthen cooperation, between the two countries, as shown by the upcoming visit of President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan to Algeria from 26 to 28 February 2018.
The meeting between Messahel and Cavusoglu showed the “shared willingness” to broaden cooperation to new areas within a win-win partnership between the two countries.
In this regard, the two ministers expressed their commitment to give a new impetus to cooperation, especially in the fields of tourism, agriculture and renewable energy.
To that end, they agreed to seize the opportunity of the upcoming session of the joint committee to achieve cooperation actions.
The two ministers also discussed regional and international issues, particularly the crises and conflicts in Mali, Sahel, Libya and Syria as well as Palestinian question.
During the “positive” discussions, Messahel reiterated Algeria’s position in favour of the “promotion of political solutions to the crises, with the respect for the sovereignty of States and their territorial integrity as well as people’s self-determination without foreign interference.”
Messahel presented Algeria’s experience in the fields of deradicalization and fight against terrorism and expressed Algeria’s readiness to share its experience with the Turkish partner.
Messahel and Cavusoglu also agreed to maintain consultation and shore up cooperation between the two countries, especially during the upcoming meetings between the delegations of the two countries.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea