APS : Wednesday, 25 July 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel has held discussions, Wednesday in Washington, with the chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Devin Nunes,
on the sidelines of the ministerial meeting on religious freedom, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
It was an opportunity for the two officials to discuss relations between the two countries as well as the prospects for their strengthening in various fields, especially those of common interest, said the statement.
Messahel and Nunes also exchanged their views and analyses on crises and conflicts, particularly in the Sahel region and Libya, as well as issues related to counterterrorism and security cooperation between Algeria and the United States, added the Ministry’s statement.
Nunes paid a visit to Algeria in April 2018, during which he met with top Algerian officials.
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries