APS Tuesday, 10 April 2018
PARIS (France)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Monday in Paris held talks with French Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian.
The meeting between the two foreign ministers is part of Messahel’s visit to Paris.
Messahel and Le Drian discussed the bilateral relations and the means for their development and diversification. They also welcomed the quality of the friendly and cooperative ties between Algeria and France.
The two ministers also reiterated their common desire to further develop the exceptional partnership, particularly in the context of the momentum created by French President Emmanuel Macron’s visit to Algeria, last December 6, and the 4th High Level Intergovernmental Committee (CIHN), held on 7 December 2017.
The two ministers also discussed the preparations for the 5th Algerian-French Joint Economic Committee (COMEFA) to be held on 9 July 2018 in Paris.
The meeting focused on the situation in the region, notably the crises in Mali, the Sahel and in Libya, as they exchanged views about the fight against terrorism funding.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum