APS : Friday, 23 September 2016
NEW YORK- Minister for Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel met Thursday, in New York, on the sidelines of the works of UN General Assembly, with Coordinator for Counterterrorism at US Department of State Justin Siberell, said a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Minsitry.
This meeting, which is part of the continuation of the talks between Algeria and the United States of America, takes place in the wake of their regular bilateral strategic dialogue, said the communiqué.
During this meeting, the two sides broached issues of common interest, notably those relating to the developments of the crises in Libya, Mali and Sahel.
Siberell said that the US praises the results achieved by Algeria as part of deradicalisation and fight against terrorism and violent extremism. In this regard, he welcomed the holding of the workshop organized by Algeria on 8 September 2016 under the theme “Democracy as factor to fight against terrorism and violent extremism.”
He also expressed his country’s interest in the organization next spring, in Algiers, of an international workshop on “the national reconciliation as a mean to fight against terrorism and violent extremism,” on the basis of the Algerian experience.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne