APS : Tuesday, 06 March 2018
ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Tuesday handed over to his Danish counterpart Anders Samuelsen a copy of the Peace Treaty between Algeria and Denmark dating back to 16 May 1772.
The document was handed over to Samuelsen at the International Airport Houari Boumediene honour lounge.
In a statement to the press, Messahel said the Treaty, “which is still in force”, is an additional proof of the quality of “strong” Algerian-Danish relations.
For his part, the Danish FM said his visit to Algeria was “fruitful” notably after the reopening of Denmark’s embassy in Algiers, a “new milestone” in bilateral political and economic relations.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune