APS : Tuesday, 19 January 2016
FORT PORTAL (Uganda)- Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel was received Tuesday in Fort Portal (Uganda) by Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, to whom he handed a message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
Messahel is on a visit to Uganda as part of the implementation of the decisions made by the heads of State during the visit paid by President Museveni to Algeria in October 2015.
The two presidents agreed to strengthen cooperation in all areas and deepen consultations on continental and international issues of common interest.
In this regard, Messahel discussed with the Ugandan president the conflict situations in Africa, especially the question of Western Sahara, the situation in Libya, Sahel, Burundi and Somalia.
They also exchanged views on the main issues on the agenda of the forthcoming African Union Summit, to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on 30 and 31 January.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister