ALGIERS – Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel has been received on Wednesday in Bahrain by King Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, to whom transmitted a message of “esteem and fraternity” from President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, said a statement from the ministry.
King Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa thanked Messahel for the message and asked him to convoy to his brother, President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, his feelings of “respect, fraternity and prosperity towards the Algerian people,” said the same source.
He expressed his “satisfaction” with the quality of the bilateral relations, and the links of “fraternity and friendship” that exist between the Algerian and Bahraini peoples.
King Hamad also voiced his “readiness” to strengthen the cooperation through the opportunities offered in the two countries.
The two parties discussed the questions related to the situation in the Arab world and the need for reviving the Arab joint action to counter the multiple challenges, which require a coordinated and consulted action.
The discussions were held in the presence of Bahraini Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan