ALGIERS- The Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel was received by the President of the Republic of Iraq Fouad Massoum, to whom he handed over a fraternal message from the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika said Wednesday, the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
President Massoum expressed his “appreciation to Messahel for this visit which reflects on the strength of the ties between the Algerian and the Iraqi peoples and the interest that Algeria has always given to the settlement of the crisis in Iraq to preserve its sovereignty and the integrity of its territory,” said the statement.
For his part, the Iraqi president charged Messahel “to convey to the president of the Republic his fraternal greetings and his feelings of esteem and respect, as well his wishes of prosperity to the Algerian people,” added the source.
The audience also focused on “the situation in the region and the main challenges facing the Arab nation as well as the need to make every effort to face it,” noted the communiqué.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne