ALGIERS- The Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel was received by the President of the Republic of Iraq Fouad Massoum, to whom he handed over a fraternal message from the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika said Wednesday, the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
President Massoum expressed his “appreciation to Messahel for this visit which reflects on the strength of the ties between the Algerian and the Iraqi peoples and the interest that Algeria has always given to the settlement of the crisis in Iraq to preserve its sovereignty and the integrity of its territory,” said the statement.
For his part, the Iraqi president charged Messahel “to convey to the president of the Republic his fraternal greetings and his feelings of esteem and respect, as well his wishes of prosperity to the Algerian people,” added the source.
The audience also focused on “the situation in the region and the main challenges facing the Arab nation as well as the need to make every effort to face it,” noted the communiqué.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum