APS : Wednesday, 02 August 2017
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel has been received on Wednesday in Cairo by Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi, to whom he handed a letter from President of the Republic,
Abdelaziz Bouteflika, said a statement from the ministry.
“After reviewing the bilateral relations and the current situation in the region, the two officials highlighted the fraternal and historical relations existing between the two countries, and the common desire to work together to strengthen the bilateral cooperation in various fields, ahead of the High Joint Commission,” the statement said.
At the meeting, held in the presence of Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukri, “the two parties stressed the need for further consultation and coordination between the two countries on common-interest national and international issues, chiefly the Libyan crisis, in order to reach the long awaited inclusive consensual political solution, in the face of the risks and challenges posed to the Arab world, rejecting any foreign interference in the internal affairs of the countries,” added the statement.
President al-Sisi asked Messahel to convey his greetings and high consideration to President Bouteflika, concluded the statement.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart