APS : Sunday, 15 January 2017
ALGIERS- The latest development in Libya and the ways to speed up the implementation of the political process were the focus of a meeting Sunday, in Algiers,
between the minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and a delegation of parliamentarians of Libya’s House of Representatives, said the ministry of foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
The two parties broached, in this meeting, the situation in Libya at the political, security and economic level and the ways to speed up the implementation of the political process through an inter-Libyan inclusive dialogue dynamic, and national reconciliation,” added the communiqué.
In this regard, Messahel “reiterated Algeria’s position for the settlement of the Libyan crisis,” recalling “its ongoing efforts based on the non-interference in Libyan internal affairs.”
For their part, the members of the Libyan delegation hailed Algeria’s active and continued role for a political solution as part of the political agreement of 17 December 2015, added the communiqué.
This visit follows the various visits made by Libyan parliamentarians to Algeria, including that of the president of the House of Representatives, Salah Aguila.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum