APS : Monday, 16 October 2017
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel held talks, in Addis Ababa, with the chairman of the African Union (AU) Commission (AU) Moussa Faki Mahamat, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
The discussions held on the sidelines of the extraordinary session of AU Executive Council focused on “cooperation between Algeria and the African Union and the appropriate methods to boost joint African action to meet the goals of peace, stability and development set by the pan-African organization.”
The two officials also tackled “the main issues on AU agenda, including the preparations for the next African Union-European Union Summit in Abidjan (November 29-30).”
Messahel and Faki Mahamat “reiterated the need to continue consultations among the member states of the African Union to highlight the interests of Africa,” the statement added.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune