APS : Tuesday, 12 September 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held Tuesday, in Cairo, with Egyptian counterpart Sameh Choukri on the sidelines of the 148th Arab League Council of Ministers,
said a communiqué of the ministry.
“This meeting which is part of the regular consultations between the two countries in accordance with the directives of Presidents Abdelaziz Bouteflika and Abdelfattah Al-Sissi allowed the two ministers to review the bilateral relations and examine ways to strengthen them,” said the source.
In this regard, the next meetings on the agenda of the bilateral cooperation “were widely broached,” added the communiqué, pointing out that the two ministers “agreed to hold these elections, particularly the Algerian-Egyptian high joint cooperation committee, before the end of the current year.”
The two ministers broached “the issues on the agenda of this session of the Arab League ministerial Council and exchanged their views on regional and international issues of common interest, notably the situation in Libya.”
The two sides also decided to “step up coordination regarding this issue, at the bilateral level as well as through mechanisms to which they belong, notably Algeria-Tunisia- Egypt Tripartite and the Group of Libya’s neighbouring countries.”
The two ministers agreed to meet on the sidelines of the next United Nations general Assembly, concluded the source.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces