APS : Monday, 25 July 2016
NOUAKCHOTT (Mauritania)- Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held discussions Monday, in Nouakchott, Mauritania, with the UN special representative for Libya Martin Kobler on the sidelines of the Arab Summit meeting.
The two officials broached the last developments in Libya and the efforts to settle the crisis there.
Kobler told reporters that the talks were “frank and constructive,” and mainly focused on the latest developments in Libya.
The discussions “allowed us to profit from the guidelines of Mr Messahel in relation to the efforts made to address the difficult and complex situation in Libya, which requires coordination among the neighbouring countries.”
The UN special representative for Libya praised Algeria’s efforts in providing humanitarian aid to the people of Libya and its support to UN actions to end the crisis in that country.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy