APS : Tuesday, 05 April 2016
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel was received Tuesday, in Addis Ababa, by Ethiopian Prime Minister Haile Mariam Desalegn, to whom he handed over a message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The meeting focused on boosting bilateral relations and was an opportunity for the two officials to examine regional issues of common interest.
The two sides expressed full satisfaction with the implementation of the decisions taken by the leaders of the two countries during Ethiopian Premier’s visit to Algiers, at the invitation of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The two officials tackled Western Sahara issue ahead of UN Secretary-General’s presentation of a report on the conflict and Security Council’s examination of the issue.
They also discussed the situation prevailing in Libya, the Sahel and the Horn of Africa, especially in South Sudan and Somalia.
The discussions were marked by a total convergence of views on the issues the two officials broached during the meeting.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification