APS : Tuesday, 05 April 2016
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel took part Tuesday, inAddis Ababa, at ameeting of the ministerial panel on the election of African Union Commission members.
The ministerial panel will shortlist commissioners,on the basis of a report made by consultants, and submit the pre-selection to the executive board.
During the meeting, Messahel stressed the importance Algeria attaches to a smooth conduct of the election of the AU Commission members.
He also emphasized the “necessity to abide by the rules and the proceedings governing the electoral process.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea