APS : Tuesday, 05 April 2016
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel took part Tuesday, inAddis Ababa, at ameeting of the ministerial panel on the election of African Union Commission members.
The ministerial panel will shortlist commissioners,on the basis of a report made by consultants, and submit the pre-selection to the executive board.
During the meeting, Messahel stressed the importance Algeria attaches to a smooth conduct of the election of the AU Commission members.
He also emphasized the “necessity to abide by the rules and the proceedings governing the electoral process.”
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries